Preparing for Virtual Challenge for Shiok! 200km (21 Dec 20 - 31 Jan 21)

Monday 7 December 2020


 Reference: Shiok! 200km Virtual Challenge


After completing the inaugural 100 miles virtual challenges in Oct/Nov 20, I wilk be back for more punishments in the "Shiok! 200km Virtual Challenge" from 21 Dec 20 to 31 Jan 21. The challenge's format will remain similar as the last event (i.e. run X km in one go or accumulate X km in multiple go). 


This time round, I will use the long festive weekends to run as "long" as possible. My "stretched" plan will be as such:

Week 1
21 Dec [Mon] - 2.5 hr
22 Dec [Tue] - Rest
23 Dec [Wed] - 2.5 hr
24 Dec [Thu] - 2.5 hr
25 Dec [Fri]  - 2.5 hr
26 Dec [Sat] - Rest
27 Dec [Sun] -2.5 hr

Week 2
28 Dec [Mon] - Rest
29 Dec [Tue] - 3 hr
30 Dec [Wed] - Rest
31 Dec [Thu]  -3 hr
1 Jan [Fri] - 3 hr
2 Jan [Sat] - 3 hr
3 Jan[Sun] - 3 hr
 
In the event I am unable to clock the required mileages in the first 2 weeks, then I will be making up the distances in Week 3 and 4.





HAPPENINGS AFTER MY PREVIOUS RUNS

31 Oct - Finally found some time after go for my #52 blood donation at the Westgate Blood bank. Basically, I have to time my blood donation properly as I tend to take longer time for recovery (i.e. after 100miles virtual challenge). My next blood donation will be in mid Jan before I continue to train for my fitness test in Apr 2021.


 
22 Nov - Finally decided to replace my old tires after accumulating ~1,500km on my running shoes. Hoping that the nike infinity run flyknit can last me until the next Craze Ultra 2021.




1 to 7 Dec (14 to 21 Days) before Virtual Challenge, I participated in the OurArmyFamilyRun 5.5km, but instead of the said distance, i ran 55km within 6 runs. This will help me to better prepare for the 200km challenge.




8 to 21 Dec
Core Strengthening, "NUA", recover and waiting for the Shiok! Virtual Challenge.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY