Replacing Garmin FR 620 Straps (DIY)

Monday 16 May 2016

It is a common issue for our Garmin GPS watchstraps to give way after some time. And it might be expensive to replace it thru the local Garmin representatives. According to sgrunners forum's post, the cost to replace a FR 620 strap ranges from $55 ~ $60). Mine gave way a fews week ago and I replaced it myself. This post accounts for my step-by-step guide on how I replaced my Garmin watchstraps. 

Step 1 - Purchase the strap online. You might want to buy it thru Taobao as it seems to be much cheaper.

Step 2 - Wait for the new strap to be delivered (3 ~ 4 weeks).


Step 3 - Lay out your new straps, screws and screw drivers. 


Step 4 - Remove Straps by removing the screws.



Step 5 - Install the new straps and tighten the screws.


Done. Watch is now useable once again :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY