Craze Ultra 2018 - Queries on Carry-Along Items, Special Need Bag and Checkpoint(s) to Deposit Stuffs

Wednesday 31 October 2018

I have received queries on (1) the items that I will be carrying along, (2) the items I will be packed into the special need bag, and (3) where am I depositing my special need bag. So let me share my plan. 



(1) Items that I will be carrying along

  1. Energy Gel [replenishment]
  2. Phone (loaded with the google map 101km route) [for distress call and for navigations]
  3. Nail clippers [to remove waters from blister]
  4. Plasters [to patch up blister]
  5. Blinker Light [for safety to run at night]
  6. $$$ and ID cards [to buy food and for identification purposes]

(2) Items that will be packed into the Special Need Bag (To deposit in CP4)

  1. Energy Gels [replenishment]
  2. Electrolytes [replenishment]
  3. Socks [freshen up]
  4. Singlets [freshen up]
  5. Power bank + Cable [recharge phone]

(3) Rationales why I dropped off my special needs bag at CP4 is because

  • will visit this checkpoint twice;
  • best locations for replenishments (i.e. 44km and 74km).
Note: While CP1 seems to be the most ideal CP as we will visit it for three times (i.e. 14, 31 and 88km), I opined that it is either too early or too late for any form of replenishments.




I hope I have answered your questions and enjoy packing!!! I will see you at the start line soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY