Craze Ultra 2018 - Getting re-certified as a 101% Crazy Nut

Wednesday 7 November 2018


Running In Deep Ultra Thoughts
(Photo Credits : U- Run I Shoot)
Finisher T, Tower and Medal
References :


It's the forth time I participated in the 101km category and completed it! My strategy remained unchanged. That was to adopt a 20km jog, then 80km power-walk. Surprisingly, I was able to clock a new Personal Best (PB)!

This' rather unexpected as many of the lead-up training activities were somehow disrupted by ad hoc work and home commitments. Perhaps my improvements were attributed to a better (and flatter) running route, an inclusion of a weekly hill climb as part of training, and a stricter dieting plan. Or perhaps it could be the case that the body's more experienced with such endurance stresses and had evolved slightly so that I could run such distances with lesser stress.

In any case, I am delighted that my completion timing seems to be improving every year (from DNF in 2015 to 21h in 2016, 19h in 2017, and then to 18H in 2018. And although the improvements have been negligible over the years, I think I'll still continue to participate so long as the race goes on. I'll probably stop only when I know that I have reached my limits (i.e. when my performance stagnates).

Punching in the Air
(Photo Credits : U- Run I Shoot)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See my photo/video blog to re-live my 101km Craze Ultra Journey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running Route for 101km
Flagging Off the 101km participants
(Photo Credits : Red Dots 123)


Group Photo Prior to Flag Off
(Photo Credits : Craze Ultra - Are You Nuts) 




Resting at CP1 (Yishun Ave 6). Going towards CP2 (Sembawang Park)

Running towards CP2 (Sembawang Park)
(Photo Credits : Run Photo Run)


Resting at CP2 (Sembawang Park). Going Towards CP1 (Yishun Ave 6)

Hungry & Can't Move? Having a Proper Meal @ Northpoint City
Resting at CP1 (Yishun Ave 6). Going toward Seletar Hellway (Oops, i mean Highway).
Enduring the heat (35 Degree Celsius) after departing CP1 (Yishun Ave 6).
Going towards CP4 (Lor Halus)
Running along Yishun Dam (Shielding my head from the heat using the towel that was  provided at CP1)

Resting at CP4 (Lor Halus). Going towards CP5(Sun Plaza Park)


Replenishing Supplies from my Special Needs Bag at CP4 (Lorong Holus). 




Resting at CP5(Sun Plaza Park). Going towards CP6 (Bedok Reservoir)

Lovely Support by the Volunteers at CP5 (Sun Plaza Park)
Running Towards CP6 (Bedok Reservoir)


Resting at CP6 (Bedok Reservoir). Heading towards CP5(Sun Plaza Park)

Saving Some Time by Eating the Chinese Pork Jerky
Resting at CP5(Sun Plaza Park). Heading towards CP4 (Lorong Halus) 

Resting at CP4 (Lorong Halus). Heading towards CP1(Yishun Ave 6)

At CP4 (Towards Yishun Ave 6) : Right Heel had developed Blisters after the Drizzle


Resting at CP1. Heading Towards End Point (McRitchie Reservoir)

Walking Towards Finishing Point
(Video Credits : Mrs Run-the-Town)


Completing the Run slightly before 1 a.m. (18 hours after flagged off)




----------------------
Technical Details
----------------------





2 comments:

  1. you probably didn’t know this ... but the elderly volunteer at CP5 is a Monster 200K Finisher !
    Congrats ! u do look fitter with the diet !
    Mata :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't know that the elderly volunteer is a monster! Thanks!

      Delete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY