Things to Do 2 Days before Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (SCMS)

Friday 29 November 2013


Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (SCMS) will be held in less than 2 days' time. By now, it is high time for runners to prepare ourselves mentally and physically for the race.  Allow me to share here - things that i will do before the marathon big day!

Carbo-loading.  It is important to load enough carbo into our bodies in the next 2 days. I will try to take in more carbo and less fats/proteins as carbo is the main source of energy for the body.  See link for more info - http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/fill-er?page=single

Hydrate!  Stop consuming alcohol/soft drinks and start drinking sufficient water (H2O) - the simplest and most effective way to hydrate our bodies for the race. Always remember to drink moderately. A friend of mine once told me that we should drink 10% of our body weight.

Grooming.

I will go usually for a haircut. There are a lot of photographers taking photos of runners in the race. We do want to look good in these photographs!

I will also trim my nails (especially toe nails). This is to prevent injuries caused by long nails during a 42km run.  This is especially so if one is wearing tight fitting shoes. I will avoid trimming my nails the day before the race. Trimming them 2 days beforehand would give me ample time to recover if I accidentally cut into my flesh while trimming.

It is important to ensure sufficient sleep these 2 nights.  For me, it is nearly impossible to sleep well on the night prior the race. Bear in mind that we have to wake up as early as 2.30 a.m. on race day to prepare ourselves. Hence, it is essential to sleep more and sleep well few nights before the race so that we do not feel so tired during the race.

Until then, all the best to runners and we'll meet on the big day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY